Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
These are only the first snapshots. More data and analysis will be available soon. For now, the questionnaire and dataset for the 2009 survey can be downloaded in SPSS and STATA formats from CRRC’s website. We welcome your visit!
Thursday, May 05, 2011
Beyond that, the survey highlights many nuances that often are disregarded when just looking at the headlines. Below, for example, you see that there is a fair amount of appetite for discussion on specific policies.
In March, Conciliation Resources (C-R) has published a report on IDP attitudes to conflict, return and justice, which we have already highlighted in a previous blog-post. As you may recall, this report was based on a survey of IDPs which CRRC undertook for C-R in the summer of 2010.
Now, C-R has published a policy brief on the same issue.
This is a short crisp summary of some of the main findings, also with C-R's policy recommendations.
C-R highlights five main suggestions:
- focus on IDP's welfare and integration;
- giving the displaced a voice;
- facilitating information exchange and a broad public discussion on return;
- utilizing IDPs as a resource for peace, bridging between different groups;
- responding to the demand for justice.